Tuesday, November 2, 2010

While you were out....

So last week, my parents went on a vacation just the two of them to celebrate my mom's 50th birthday! It was her choice how she wanted to celebrate, and a break from work and renovations was it. While they were gone, I stayed home and helped take care of Bella but also managed to have a little fun including hosting a girl's night for a few friends to indulge in a girly movie and some yummy snacks! Also got a chance to carve my pumpkin for Halloween and help out around the house. Our library has been hard to fully unpack and get organized due to lack of shelving etc. in the room, so while my parents were gone I unloaded around 10 boxes of books into a hutch temporarily taking up residence in the library.

Needless to say they were stoked when they got home and thankful for the hard work put in to it. It was worth it to me and it felt nice to do something like that for them! They arrived home on Halloween Sunday, and of course I had the house ready when they arrived. However, this year was a major let down because we didn't have a SINGLE trick-or-treater! Apparently this is a major retirement/snowbird community and I find it a little sad. At least it was still better than last year!



Hope everyone else had a wonderful Halloween as well, and let the countdown begin to the holidays!!

No comments :

Post a Comment