Monday, October 18, 2010

Confessions of a M.O.H.

In case some of you don't know, a M.O.H. stands for Maid of Honor....which is exactly what I was this last weekend at my best friend's wedding!

I can't even tell you what a surreal thing it was, watching my 2 friends up on the altar saying their vows to each other and pledging to be with one another for the rest of their lives! It was such a unique experience for me being the Maid of Honor, since I have been in many weddings before and thought that it wouldn't feel that different from being a regular bridesmaid. You still have to stand up there in a dress in front of everyone, right? Wrong. I had so many emotions go through me that I didn't expect, and since I have known Carly and Jared pretty much from the beginning of their relationship, I guess you really realize how much things change and how God works in people's lives. I was so touched to be standing up there and know that it was because I, and the rest of the bridal party, had played some major role in their lives and helped shape them in some way.

Perhaps its because I got to know the two of them so well, and see them fight and make up, laugh together, and grow together, but I was overwhelmed with happiness for them. I had so much fun helping out where I could, including planning the bridal shower and bachelorette party, and hopefully didn't give the world's worst speech at the reception. It truly is a new chapter in their lives, and I look forward to seeing how it unfolds!

Cheers and congratulations to the newlyweds,
Milan

No comments :

Post a Comment