Sunday, September 26, 2010

Birthday Fun!

So this weekend was my birthday weekend! And I have to say, I had an even better time than I did last year thanks to wonderful friends. The celebration was pretty mellow, and consisted mostly of yummy italian food from Nick's Tomatoe Pie and a cake a la mode at my house! We had a fun time chatting and catching up with one another..even intended to watch a movie but never got to it. It was such a sweet moment for me to have all my friends gathered at one time - and all for me!

I truly can't believe that I am now 24. If I look back to when I was around 18 years old, and think about how I thought my life would be at this age, it is most certainly worlds different. Obviously there are things that you have no control over that shape your life and put you on a path, but I wonder sometimes what life would be like if I had made some different choices. It can be a bittersweet thing, as I am thankful for so many things in my life ....but I also wonder if I missed out on some things. I suppose that is somewhat natural, everyone wonders if the grass is greener on the other side sometimes, right?

I am looking forward to this next year, and vow to make it a better one for myself! And I know that its possible with great family and friends by my side with love and support. I am also super excited for this coming week since I have been invited by Leland and Jodi to come take care of the girls...a.k.a my adorable nieces in NC for an entire week! They wanted to get a few things done at work and catch up on long neglected projects and I have plenty of free time to help them out, so it is absolutely perfect timing.

Look for an update when I get back, and thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!
Love, Milan

No comments :

Post a Comment