Monday, July 5, 2010

Reflections on a Renovation

So this vacation of mine is finally near its close and I cannot believe how different my parents' new house looks from where we started! Its been a crazy hectic transformation, and theres still a little ways to go, but its nearly there and you can see how fabulous its going to be! Its been an interesting week living without ANY doors, plumbing gradually working in each of the rooms, and no internet for a couple of days ....BUT, we made do. The finishing touches are the last piece of the puzzle -  like baseboards and doorframes and crown molding!

But the paint is up, the closets are (somewhat) organized, and the furniture is in its place. I had some good quality time with my mom and dad and good conversation, as well as some great opportunities to meet people willing to help me in my job hunt.  A few contacts of my parents agreed to meet with me and speak with me about opportunities, share advice, and give some pointers on my resume and I was totally blown away how these people who didn't know me are so willing to give up their time and efforts to do what they can for me. It helped give me a renewed sense of working hard and showing them that I will heed their well seasoned advice!! And not to give up.

This next month my vow is to get in to a positive routine and not let myself get discouraged. I want to make a list of things to do each day that includes balancing taking care of myself, my responsibilities, and even doing something fun once and awhile. Its so easy, as exampled by a number of my friends in similar predicaments, to get stuck in a rut and feel trapped. It can be hard to get motivated to leave the house, or feel like you really got anything accomplished even if you did by doing things like working on your resume or filling out applications for HOURS. Sometimes it feels like its useless, they aren't even going to see it if I don't use the right words or job experience. But something will give, and God WILL open the right doors even if its not the ones we thought... and I am determined to believe that.

Thanks for all encouragement that my family and friends have shown me the past month! It means the world to me. <3

1 comment :