Hey Readers!
So while I have some extra time on my hands, I got to thinking about taking a trip home over the 4th of July holiday. Of course any job opportunities/interviews etc that came around would take first priority but once I realized nothing would be standing in my way, I quickly saw what a perfect time it was for a road trip! My parents were going to be moving in to their new house and need a massive amount of help with the renovations, and I wanted to grab any opportunity I could to sneak in extra time with my friends as well before starting a new job (God willing). My brother also happened to be coming down to help my parents as a father's day gift, and I knew it would mean a lot for them for us both to be there.
So there ya go! Decision was made. Last Friday I ventured on the first "extended" roadtrip I have done all by myself ...and all went smooth! 12.5 hrs in a car by myself with my thoughts, my music, and a book on tape. I arrived around dinnertime and got the download of all the things that we'd be needing to do - painting, sanding, grouting, tiling, you name it - all was to be done with a deadline of July 3rd! So far, I am happy to say, it has been going quite well. With my brother's help over the weekend, the kitchen was installed and now this week I am also helping with the other projects. Everyday is a jam packed juggle of seeing friends, meetings with resourceful contacts to get word out about my new job status, and good ole fashioned manual labor....a more tiring vacation than I have had in a while!
But as always, seeing friends is great for my spirit and soul and I have loved every moment of it. I feel so lucky to have those treasured few people in my life that have helped me through the ups and downs of the crazy roller coaster ride that we call life. And working together with my family to accomplish something far bigger than we would have been able to do by ourselves is also super rewarding.
Right now it is far past my bedtime, but the week is not over and definitely look for more updates!
Love Always,
Milan
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
Umm yay for seeing Eclipse last night and talking till 5am hehehe. Gosh good times! Can't wait for more adventures.
ReplyDelete