Friday, June 18, 2010

Starting Over

Sadly to say, I have officially joined the national unemployment statistic.
As of June 11, I finished my last day at Marino Therapy Center and was let go due to budget cuts. There is a lot that goes through your mind when that meeting occurs with your superiors, and for me it was a total mix of anxiety, sadness, and fear. I know, however, that it was not an easy choice for the people who had to make it and that was very obvious in their approach to breaking the news. I found out several weeks before my official end date, and I'm somewhat glad for the chance to let it all sink in (and get a head start on any job hunting). I'm not sure what the Lord has in store for me in these next few months, but I am trusting that He has a larger plan in mind for me. Although this time is shrouded in uncertainty, I am doing all that I can and what I know to do to be proactive, and try to stay positive.

I know that I will be ok. I know that I have family and friends that will stand behind me and encourage me. I know that I will not be on the streets with no roof over my head. All these things I try to remember every day.

There is a possibility that these changes in plans might bring me back home to Florida, and I am trying to keep an open mind that I might have to humble myself yet again and start from scratch. I would love to stay in this beautiful state I have come to know and love, and where I have learned to grow and be almost 100% independant. I love being near my brother and sister-in-law and their family, and I don't particularly love moving, so I will be doing what I can until August when the lease for our apartment is up. By then hopefully I will know more about what the next step will be, whether its a job lead to stay here in the Knoxville area, or officially moving back to South Florida.

All the love and prayers are so appreciated, and I can't thank you all enough. So far the job hunt has had some nibbles, but mostly dead ends and its been kind of frustrating. I will certainly keep everyone up to date on any news.

May this week find you well! Love, M

No comments :

Post a Comment