It was a great weekend of meeting baby Reese, playing with Olivia, and catching up with Lee and Jodi. We had a belated celebration of the two girls birthdays, and I must say Olivia LOVED her gift - hopefully she doesn't drive her parents crazy because of it :) I even got a chance to babysit for a little over an hour without any problems...well, unless you account for a monumental spit up from Reese, but of course she took it like a champ (how does such a little human being have so much STUFF in them?!). A diaper and outfit change and she was as good as new! Olivia also spent most of it napping so that helped too.
I am excited to report Reese is a very well adjusted, happy baby. Only making a fuss when she needs something and very content to just be cuddled in your arms! :) I can't help but watch in amazement as Lee and Jodi balance business and family, especially with another addition to the mix. They do it with style and I can only hope someday I can manage it as well. I look forward to being involved in the girls' lives and being an "auntie" (which Olivia said for the first time this weekend!!) and have loved being a short drive away. I hope I get many more opportunities to babysit and I've learned to really treasure that one-on-one bonding time with Olivia especially! I can't wait to build memories and share all the fun things with my nieces that my aunts shared with me.
Meeting Reese for the first time!
Olivia patiently waited till I got there to eat her cake!
She ended up having to wait till the next day since I had to drive over after work
and got stuck in traffic - and finally arrived AFTER her bedtime :(
Playing with the party hats!
YUM!
Loving the dress up clothes! Wand, crown, tu-tu and all
Goofing off with my dad, better known as "Poppi" to Olivia!
Me baking desert, which included sugar cookie dough, cheesecake filling, and yummy fruit.
It doesn't have a name that I know of, but I stole the recipe from my friend Carly!
It was a wonderful weekend and now the countdown till Christmas begins :)
It was a wonderful weekend and now the countdown till Christmas begins :)







No comments :
Post a Comment