Its everywhere!
In the stores, on the tv, and at work - everyone can't stop thinking about Christmas! It seems like since immediately after halloween the christmas advertisements began, and everyone at the therapy center is already in Christmas mode ... bringing in yummy food and baked goodies all the time and talking about shopping and christmas plans. And all the more I can't wait to go home and see my family. Unfortunately, I have so much to do before then that its probably just as good that I have a week to finish up my shopping!
I know most of you can relate to my dilemma of the people that are IMPOSSIBLE to buy for - those tend to be my last minute purchases ...and also adding to the mix this year is sending some of my presents by mail. Definitely will be taking advantage of easy online shopping! :)
The only bummer is the fact that when I go home, I won't get to see friends who are going to their own homes for Christmas - it will definitely be a different experience than I'm used to, and I'm still adjusting to not being near my friends all the time anymore. I try not to dwell on it too often, but its been hard lately for me as I am getting more antsy to meet friends and feel more settled... Ashley and I joke that we sometimes feel like we've taken a 4 month vacation and we could be going home anytime now. I miss all of my friends A LOT, but feel very fortunate to have friends that have kept me updated and feeling loved.
I am looking forward to seeing my family for Reese's baptism in just over a week, and spending an awesome 5 days catching up with friends and soaking up the Florida sunshine! As you all prepare for Christmas and the craziness of the holiday season, remember to take a step back and enjoy the moment your are in and the memories you are creating - they are very special indeed!
Till next time, M
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
No comments :
Post a Comment