So for me and my family, it was a most unconventional christmas this year.
For starters, the few days leading up to my departure to Florida Ashley's mom and sister had arrived to spend Christmas with her so I was able to play co-host and entertain them while Ashley was at work. It was fun, but made me miss my own family even more and I grew even more excited to see them! I flew home on Christmas day which a was a first due to having to work on Christmas eve, and my family was waiting anxiously for me to get there since everyone arrived before me.
When I did finally get there, my parents had literally just moved in to their new place in Jupiter which I had not seen yet, so that was somewhat of a strange feeling not going to my "home" I'd known for 11 years in Atlantis. I got a little nostalgic and missed our neighborhood parties, Christmas golf cart parade (in which one year I had to get stitches lol), and cook-outs. I also got to thinking of all the good memories with my family and friends from that house too - and my room! Oh how I loved my room.
I had a chance to meet up with a few friends that were in town, and that was great for my soul - it was wonderful to see them! I also got a great bit of news - my best friend Carly got engaged right before the holiday and I was asked to be her Maid of Honor!! This wedding will be taking place in October and makes a total of two for me this year that I will be in. This will certainly be a year to remember lol.
Sunday came Reese's baptism, which took place at the Seagull Cottage at our church and is a beautifully restored historic building previously Henry Flagler's home. It was very special and a bunch of Jodi's family was there too - it was great! Since my family took so many pictures over this entire vacation, I thought it might be easier just to post the link to my facebook album for you all to check out :)
A Merry Little Christmas
Enjoy!!
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
No comments :
Post a Comment