I suppose everyone has a day when they start a new job that they begin to wonder if they are really cut out for their position, and today was mine. It is expected from everyone that it will take time to get the hang of things, but today was my first day of work where the stress finally got to me. It wasn't one particular thing that went wrong, but a combination of several honest mistakes ...and perhaps a small side effect of p.m.s.... but it brought me near to tears!
Looking back on it, it's quite silly really, but here's the story: It was my morning to open, and I was supposed to be on my own for the first few hours manning the front desk. Why on earth they thought this would be a good idea for the new girl to be running the show all on her own I'm not sure - but thats normally what Lee does, whom I was covering for. Thankfully, my co-patient manager Tien noticed this and said she would come in to make sure that everything went smoothly even though it was her day off. On top of that, I had several upset patients with questions about billing, and a patient on the phone claiming she never recieved a piece of equipment she was supposed to have recieved.
In the end all issues were resolved of course, but it was perhaps the most stressful day I have had since final exams in college. Good thing is, it can only get better from here! And it made me very thankful for a fun weekend of my friend Kara visiting to look forward to....
Cheers!
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
Awwwww, Milan, I'm so sorry. That's not a fun position to be in! Can't wait to catch up with you this week!! Love ya!
ReplyDelete